With this technique, you add the spread's position number to the number of the card you drew, to come up with the house number. I decided to give it a try, asking the Mystical Lenormand (Königsfurt-Urania, 2004) for advice for this weekend:
|Mice, Fox, Cross, Coffin, Ring|
This can be read as saying that skilful undermining of self-deceptive burdens brings an end to sorrow if I commit to that end. This fits with the hypnotherapy work I've been doing to improve my eating patterns.
Adding the extra layer suggested in the Lenormand forum would go like this:
1) Mice (23) = 24 (Heart) - so Mice in the house of Heart - emotional undermining.
2) Fox (14) = 16 (Stars) - Fox in the house of Stars - technological skilfulness, guidance regarding self-deception.
3) Cross (36) = 3 (Ship) - Cross in the house of Ship - burdens connected to nostalgia or our life's journey.
4) Coffin (8) = 12 (Birds) - Coffin in the house of Birds - anxiety around an ending, talking that creates an ending.
5) Ring (25) = 30 (Lily) - Ring in the house of Lily - commitment to peace, harmonious commitment.
So, skilfully using technology to undermine emotions that are part of self-deception on how to move through burdens that have long been part of my life's path can bring an end to the anxiety around those burdens, if I find a place of peace from which to commit to that ending. This added layer fits remarkably well with the first - I am using technology (hypnotherapy apps) and this is an emotional issue that undermines me, and that has been with me most of my life. In hypnotherapy, one central idea is that it is from a meditative place of relaxation or peace that we can make these big changes, by listening to someone's voice. Colour me impressed!